Sunglasses for Windsurfing Fans: Where to Buy Wind-and-Water-Ready Eyewear
Windsurfing is an exhilarating water sport that combines elements of sailing and surfing. When you’re out on the water, it’s crucial to protect your eyes from the sun, wind, and water splashes. Here’s where to buy wind-and-water-ready eyewear for windsurfing enthusiasts:
- Water Sports Retailers: Stores specializing in water sports equipment often carry rimless sunglasses designed for water enthusiasts. These stores typically stock eyewear that can withstand the conditions encountered during windsurfing. Visit shops like West Marine, Surf shops, or local water sports retailers.
- Surfing and Windsurfing Brands: Surfing and windsurfing brands like Oakley, Maui Jim, and Costa Del Mar often offer sunglasses specifically designed for water sports. These brands understand the unique demands of windsurfing and create eyewear that can handle the wind, water, and sun.
- Online Water Sports Retailers: Explore online retailers that specialize in water sports gear, such as WaterOutfitters.com and BoardCo. These websites offer a variety of water sports eyewear options, and you can read customer reviews to make an informed choice.
- Sportswear Brands: Well-known sportswear brands like Nike, Adidas, and Quiksilver produce sunglasses suitable for water sports. Look for models with polarized lenses, hydrophobic coatings, and durable frames designed to resist saltwater corrosion.
- Windsurfing Communities: Connect with your local windsurfing community or online forums and groups. Experienced windsurfers may have recommendations based on their own preferences and experiences.
- Windsurfing Events and Competitions: Attend windsurfing events and competitions, where you can often find vendors selling gear, including sunglasses optimized for water sports. You might also have the opportunity to try on different styles and brands.
- Manufacturer Websites: Visit the official websites of eyewear manufacturers to explore their water sports eyewear collections. Check for features like floating frames, polarized lenses, and durable materials designed to withstand the rigors of windsurfing.
- Local Optometrists: Some optometrists offer water sports eyewear designed to protect your eyes from UV rays, wind, and water. They can also provide professional fittings to ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
When selecting sunglasses for windsurfing, consider features such as polarization, UV protection, buoyancy (if you’re concerned about losing them in the water), and a secure strap or retention system. Water sports eyewear should stay in place during high-speed maneuvers and offer clarity and comfort while on the water.
Keep in mind that windsurfing conditions can vary, so having the right eyewear is essential for both eye protection and optimizing your windsurfing experience.