A small balcony can be a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors, but it can also be a challenge to decorate. If you’re looking to add some greenery to your balcony, a narrow large planter can be a great way to do so without taking up too much space. Here are some tips for making the most of a small balcony with a narrow planter:
- Choose the Right Size Planter: When choosing a narrow planter for your balcony, it’s important to choose the right size. You want to choose a planter that is narrow enough to fit on your balcony without taking up too much space, but also deep enough to accommodate the plants you want to grow. Look for a planter that is at least 12 inches deep to ensure your plants have enough room to grow.
- Choose the Right Plants: The plants you choose for your narrow planter will depend on the amount of sunlight your balcony gets and your personal preference. Consider using herbs like basil, mint, or thyme, which are easy to grow and can be used in cooking. You could also use flowers like petunias, marigolds, or pansies to add some color to your space.
- Use Vertical Space: When working with a small balcony, it’s important to use vertical space to make the most of your space. Consider using a trellis or hanging baskets to grow plants vertically, or use a wall-mounted planter to create a living wall effect.
- Choose the Right Planter Material: The material you choose for your narrow planter can also make a big difference in how it looks on your balcony. Consider using a planter made of metal or concrete for a modern look, or choose a planter made of natural materials like wood or wicker for a more rustic feel.
- Add Some Accessories: To really make your balcony feel like an extension of your living space, consider adding some accessories. Use outdoor pillows or a small outdoor rug to add some comfort, or add some string lights or lanterns to create a cozy ambiance.
With the right planter, plants, and accessories, a narrow planter can be a great way to make the most of a small balcony. Whether you’re looking to add some greenery, create a cozy outdoor space, or simply enjoy some fresh herbs or flowers, a narrow planter can be a great option.